ComputerFix.org Forums

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2017, 09:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MAC OS X VMWARE FUSION guest Windows XP installation, CISCO VPN does not work
computerfix
Computer Fixer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »

This has taken me a while to solve, so I have decided to share the solution to the problem.
I have created a guest installation of the Windows XP Pro on the Intel based Mac OS 10.5 Leopard. I have used the latest version of the VMWARE FUSION to create the Windows VM in OS X.
Everything would work just fine in the XP Pro, except the Cisco VPN Client (ver 4.7). The client would connect and establish the tunnel, but I was not able to ping anything on the remote network.
The solution was to setup the networking settings of the Virtual Machine to use the "bridged mode". I have made the change and restarted the Windows XP VM. Apparently, the bridged mode gives the Windows XP a direct access to the networking interface. Sure enough, that was it. The VPN client was now able to send and receive the info from the remote network.

Ask me or PM me about our Computer Services in Metro Detroit (3 County Area). Go to www.computerfix.org to learn more about what we do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: